If you have read this far you probably share my concern about the state of paganism today. Paganism has become unbalanced in "fluffiness" where any reference to darkness is smothered in fear of being associated with "satanism".
I published this book as a countermeasure to the rampant fluff-fostering spew that has become so popular. I don't expect my book to be well accepted in the pagan community. I expect many bad reviews from people who did not read past the introduction - if even that far. This is to be expected from a new author going completely against the grain but it needed to be done even if it means never being taken seriously as an author.
What I need to do is get the book a wide a coverage as possible quickly before this negative impact scares resellers more than it probably does now. To do this I need YOUR help!
Here is what you can do to help me make a difference:
These things will help me greatly and will be appreciated and will help make a difference!
- Give an honest review on sites such as amazon.com and bn.com. Good reviews help but honest ones that are positive help more.
- Ask your local bookstores, especially pagan oriented stores, to order my book. The info they need is on my order page.
- Spread the word to friends. If you belong to an e-list or other forum share your thoughts on the book, but do not join lists just to spread the word. "Spam" like that annoys people and they will not respect that. So stick to groups you know and use.
- Attend a signing if one is in your area. I could use the support and would love to meet my readers.
- Let me know of websites and journals that involve Dark Paganism so that I can introduce myself and perhaps advertise there.
- Send me feedback! If something does not make sense or you would like to see more detail on certain subjects let me know. I plan to write a sequel but only after the book has been out for at least a year so I can get the feedback I need to ensure I cover what needs to be covered.
- Link darkpagan.com on your website. Encourage people to visit the site and check out the book. In fact you can become an affiliate to places like amazon.com and bn.com for free and make some money for every book purchased through your site!
- Let me know when you see a store carrying my book, that helps me gauge coverage.
- Forward me any discussions you see about my book - good or bad, so I know what people are saying.