[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Gothic Nail Care Forum

Problems with my nails.

Posted By: Jennifer
Date: Sunday, 23 January 2000, at 9:02 p.m.

There are several problems that I have with my nails.

1. They are dry, thin, and always peeling. When they are bare they have ridges and are shiney in some places and dull in others. I know the way to help this is through diet and care but it does not seem to be working. I am a vegetarian but am sure that I am not nutrient deficient. I am also hypotyroid which I think could be a factor. Is there any way that I can correct this, possibly with a vitamin supplement or treatment specifically for nails and hair?

2. They are not uniform. Some, like my ring fingers and pinkies, are very feminine looking, with an elongated shape even when they are cut very short. Some like my thumbs, pointers, and middles, are wider with exposed edges on either sides and somewhat masculine looking. Could this be a result of an earlier nail biting habit? Is there anything I can do about it?

3. I am very confused. To ensure that your brittle nails do not break you need to apply hardener. But you also need to apply an oil to penetrate the nail plate, a cuticle cream, or a hand cream. Yet your nails need to be devoid of oils or impurities to apply hardener, and if you apply anything after you paint your nails it does not soak into the nail because of the hardener. What am I too do?

4. I have trouble with not getting the polish on my cuticles and the skin around the nail. Even after I soak my hands and the offending polish has been peeled off it leaves my cuticles a a dry flakey and unnatractive mess. What should I do?

5. Why does my cuticle remover dry out my nails?

Thank you very much, any help would be appreciated. I really love this site, it is very inspiring.

Jennifer

Messages In This Thread

Problems with my nails.
Jennifer -- Sunday, 23 January 2000, at 9:02 p.m.
Re: Problems with my nails.
GothTech"Nessa" -- Monday, 24 January 2000, at 12:02 a.m.
on the subject of our webmaster(?)
gloria -- Wednesday, 26 January 2000, at 2:47 a.m.
Re: on the subject of our webmaster(?)
Dark Wyccan -- Wednesday, 26 January 2000, at 3:14 a.m.
Lynn -- Wednesday, 2 February 2000, at 9:46 p.m.
Shade Fell -- Saturday, 19 February 2000, at 8:11 p.m.
gwen pirkle -- Sunday, 13 February 2005, at 9:42 p.m.

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Gothic Nail Care Forum is maintained by John Coughlin with WebBBS 5.12.

Return to Dark Wyccan's Gothic Guide to Nail Care